- is the very Word of God
- is a collection of 66 books (39 in the Old Testament, 27 in the New Testament)
- was written over a period of 1600 years (from about 1500 BC to AD 100)
- was written by approximately 40 different authors (kings, prophets, leaders, followers of God)
- has 1,189 chapters
- has 31,101 verses
- has 783,137 to 788,280 words (depending on what version you’re reading)
- was first put into print in 1455 with Johannes Gutenberg’s printing press
- has approximately 1,260 promises
- has approximately 6,468 commands
- has been translated into approximately 3,300 languages
- is not only the best-selling book of all time, but the best-selling book of the year, every year!
- is sold, given away or distributed in the U.S. 168,000 times daily!
How does such a book become so irrelevant, undervalued, and underutilized among Christians today?