My name is Demetra “Deme” Muingbeh.
I love God and I love His Word. My greatest passion is to share Him with others and encourage my fellow Christians in their daily journey with Him. I’ve been through highs, lows, ups and downs, grief, depression, heartache and pain just as much as the next person. But through it all, God has done so much in my life that I can’t keep it to myself! He’s the reason I breathe, the reason I move, the reason I wake up with a purpose each day. Even on the seemingly worst of days – He’s never left my side.
Why I Do What I Do
I write to encourage, motivate, inspire, and lift up. It pains me more than anything to see a miserable Christian. Jesus didn’t die on the cross for us to just co-exist on earth with everyone else until we die. He died so that we would know and experience true life in Him. I refuse to believe, that what God intended for us, looks anything like what we have made Christianity to be today. All around us (even in churches) are miserable, sad, depressed, worried, stressed, angry, bitter, jealous, unforgiving and unloving Christians.
We barely even realize it, as most of us have become so accustomed to it that it actually seems normal. All because we have strayed away from the basic foundation of our Christianity – the Word of God. Show me a miserable Christian and I guarantee he/she spends very little time reading the bible.
My utmost goal is to remind you of how vital God’s Word is in order to be successful in this thing called the “Christian life”. I will even boldly say that NEVER will we truly enjoy life the way God intended us to, without spending time in His Word. The bible is the written word of God – our true mirror to life. Without looking into it regularly, we will lose out on so many things.
If you’re like me and seek to enjoy everything about this life that God has blessed us with, then feel free to join in my journey! I’m not promising rainbows and sunshine. I’m promising to point you to the mirror of God’s Word which is our source of enjoyment even on the cloudiest of days!
Professional & Personal Life
Apart from ministry, my professional background includes over 15 years of experience in sales, customer service, billing, insurance and financial services.
Outside of work and ministry, I’m a proud single mother of an incredible son. I enjoy working out, reading, writing, binge watching on Netflix, red wine, listening to music (of all genres), playing pool, trying out new restaurants, getting a massage, bubble baths, and traveling.
10 Random Fun Facts About Deme
- I graduated high school when I was 16 years old
- I lived in the Philadelphia area for about 14 years
- I have more than a dozen tattoos
- I love roller coasters and zip-lining (I’m geared up in the 2nd pic below)
- My last name is Liberian (from my ex-husband)
- Italian food is my absolute favorite food (It will be in heaven)
- I’ve been to a gun range once but was too scared to enjoy it, so I just took a bunch of pics that made it look like I knew what I was doing (one of them is shown below lol)
- I’ve had a job of some kind since I was 14
- I have been on two cruises
- I love Game of Thrones – RIP Queen of Dragons! (rocking my House Targaryen T-shirt below)